As per the AICTE Regulations dated 01.07.2009 UGC Regulations dated 17.06.2009 and Directions of the Hon'ble Supreme Court of India Ragging in anyway is banned.
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following Acts with or without any intention by any Student or Group of Students
1. Any act of Indiscipline, Teasing or Handling with Rudeness.
2. Any act that Prevents, Disrupts or Disturbs the Regular Academic Activity.
3. Any activity which is likely to cause Annoyance, Hardships, Physical or Psychological Harm or creates
4. Any act of Financial Extortion or Forceful Expenditure.
5. Any act of Physical Abuse causing Assault, Harm or Danger to Health or Life.
6. Any act of Abuse by Spoken Words, e-mail, SMS, MMS or Public Insult etc.
7. Any act of Injury to the Fundamental Right to Human Dignity.
8. Any act of Wrongful Confinement, use of Criminal Force Trespass or Intimidation.
9. Any Unlawful Assembly or Abatement or Conspiracy to Ragging.
Punishment for Ragging
Any student or Group of Students found guilty of Ragging in the Campus or Hostels or College Buses or even outside the Campus shall be liable for one or more of the following Punishment:
1. Suspension from Attending Classes and Academic Privileges.
2. Debarring from Appearing in any Seasonal Test, University Examination.
3. Withdrawing Scholarship and other Benefits.
4. Rustication from the Institution, in extreme cases, for a period of One to two college examinations. The following committees are constituted for prevention of Ragging
1. Anti-Ragging Committee: It shall be the duty of Anti Ragging Committee to ensure compliance with the provisions of these Regulations as well as the provisions of any law for the time being in force concerning ragging, and also to monitor and oversee the performance of Anti Ragging cell in prevention of Ragging in the Institution.
2. Anti-Ragging Cell This committed headed by the Principal Teacher in charge and duty of this committee shall take a regular round in the campus, and other places vulnerable to incidents and having the potential for Ragging and shall be empowered to inspect such places.
Note : All students are advised to report any incidence of Ragging HoDs and any of the following authorities of the Institutions.
P.O. + P.S.: BHANGAR,
District.: SOUTH 24 PGS, Pincode: 743502
Bhangar Mahavidyalya is a Degree College of general higher education, situated in Bhangar Block I, Bhangar P.S., Baruipur Sub division under South 24 Paraganas District, West Bengal. Excepting Sushilkar College (27 kms), Sonarpur Mahavidyalaya (30kms